General Information and Capabilities
The URM Distribution Center has 680,000 square feet of warehouse space and currently handles more than 22,000 items in support of our member-owners. URM uses warehouse technology to meet and exceed the high expectations of our member-owners. Vocellect is our hands-free, voice-activated picking system, connected via a full high capacity wireless network within the warehouse. This wireless network also supports all the forklift computers and provides real-time, immediate feedback to forklift drivers. Our technology gives us a competitive advantage, and provides accurate product delivery and a superior service level to our member-owners.
- URM provides warehouse service in four states: Washington, Idaho, Montana and Oregon.
- URM has provided warehousing for members for more than 90 years.
- Our distribution center receives 400+ inbound truckloads weekly, and ships 450+ outbound truckloads weekly.
- Distribution center and warehouse offerings include: dry grocery, frozen, ice cream, deli, dairy, fresh meat, general merchandise, health and beauty aids, and a variety of cross-dock programs.
Our current distribution center is located at 7511 N. Freya in Spokane Washington.
STREET LOCATION MAP
We originally constructed our distribution center in 1962, with 285,000 square feet of dry grocery, frozen, and refrigerated warehouse.
- In 1965, we expanded perishable space by 35,000 square feet.
- In 1974, we expanded dry grocery by 150,000 square feet.
- In 1992, we expanded the perishable warehouse by 83,000 square feet, and the dry grocery an additional 50,000 square feet.
- In 2014, we expanded perishable yet another 77,000 square feet.
Our current distribution center now encompasses 680,000 square feet.